Get a Skilled Los Angeles Labor Law Attorney on Your Side
Labor laws were created to protect you, as an employee, from the unfair (and sometime bullying) practice of employers and unions.
If you have been stopped from joining or forming a labor union by your employer or if your union is embarking in some unethical (and possibly illegal) practices, contact the knowledgeable labor law attorneys at Levine & Blit, LLP in Los Angeles. Call 310-281-0100 for a no-obligation evaluation of your case.
You Have the Right to Fair Labor Representation
Federal and California state labor laws prohibit both employers and unions from treating you unfairly.
Your employer should not interfere with your participation in a union. Your union should put your needs ahead of the gains of its leaders. Some labor law violations you may encounter include:
- Employer interference with union formation
- Coercion by employer against you from engaging in union activities
- Employment discrimination for joining a union
- Employer refusing to bargain with a legal union employee representative
- Union leaders refusing to bargain with your employer
- Unions requiring excessive dues
- Unions restraining you from exercising your rights
Get Fair Representation in Labor Disputes
During labor-management disputes, make sure your representation has your best interests at heart. Our Los Angeles labor law attorneys can assist you with employment issues related to:
- Collective bargaining
- Labor arbitration and disputes
- Employment legislation and regulation
- Unfair labor practices
- Union relations
- Wage and hour laws
- Other labor-related issues
If your employer or union has violated your rights under federal or California labor laws, call Levine & Blit, LLP at 310-281-0100 for a case evaluation by one of our Los Angeles labor law attorneys.