Let Our New York Labor Law Attorneys Fight for You
You have every right to be a part of a union and to have a stronger voice when it comes to negotiating with your employer.
However, some companies discourage employees from joining a union – sometimes to the point of harassment. Also, some union leaders prefer the compensation from employers over the best interests of union members.
If you question the tactics used by your employer or union leaders, get an evaluation of the situation by the knowledgeable New York labor law attorneys at Levine & Blit, PLLC, located in Manhattan.
Get Fair Representation in Labor Disputes
Sometimes you cannot trust your union leaders to work in your best interests in labor-management disputes. Our skilled NYC lawyers have the knowledge and expertise to help you navigate issues related to:
- Collective bargaining
- Labor arbitration and disputes
- Employment legislation and regulation
- Unfair labor practices
- Union relations
- Wage and hour laws
- Other labor-related issues
Protect Yourself from Unfair Labor Practices in New York
U.S. labor laws prohibit employers and unions from treating you unfairly.
Employers cannot interfere with your participation in a union. This includes:
- Interfering with union formation
- Coercing or restraining you from engaging in union activities
- Discriminating against you for joining a union
- Refusing to bargain with a legal employee representative
Unions are also responsible for their actions. Some illegal activities include:
- Refusing to bargain with an employer
- Requiring you to pay excessive dues
- Refusing to handle goods from anti-union employer
- Restraining you from exercising your rights
If you believe your rights have been violated by your employer or union, call Levine & Blit, PLLC at 212-967-3000 for a case evaluation by one of our New York labor law attorneys. Contact us today.