Call Now for an Immediate Evaluation.
(866) BLIT-LAW
(866) 254-8529

Get Paid Your Unpaid Wages & Overtime – Our New York Attorneys Can Help

You deserve to be paid for the work you do. But some employers don’t pay what employees earn. If you have not received the wages you earned, get a free no-obligation case evaluation from the New York employment attorneys at Levine & Blit, PLLC. Call 212-967-3000 today.

You may be entitled to compensation if your employer:

  • Pays you less than state or federal minimum wages
  • Neglects to pay you for the hours you work
  • Does not properly pay overtime wages when you work over designated state maximums

New York Minimum Wage Is Increasing

The federal minimum wage for non-exempt employees is $7.25. However, as of December 31, 2013, the minimum wage in New York has increased from the national standard to $8.00. It is scheduled to increase two more times, until it reaches $9.00 per hour on December 31, 2015.

If you are still only making $7.25 per hour, you may be underpaid. There are some exemptions to the minimum wage requirements, but most people are eligible for the state minimum wage. Employees who make tips as part of their regular salary are often paid below minimum wage, but there are still minimum requirements for their pay.

Find out if you are being underpaid and if you are due compensation. Contact the labor law attorneys at the Manhattan office of Levine & Blit, PLLC.

You May Be Eligible for Overtime Pay – Even on Salary

There is a common misconception that if you are a salaried employee, you are not eligible for overtime pay. This is not true.

Under federal and New York State labor laws, only certain job descriptions are exempt from overtime regulations. If your job does not fall into these exempt categories, you are eligible for overtime pay when you work more than 40 hours in a week or 10 hours in a day – even if you are paid a salary.

If you believe you are not receiving the overtime pay you deserve, call 212-967-3000 to speak with one of our employment lawyers.