Syracuse Labor Law Attorneys to Fight for You
Unions give you more power to negotiate with your employer and you have every right to be a part of a union.
However, your employer may discourage – or even prohibit – you from joining a union. In other cases, your union leaders side with your employer over the best interests of you and other union members.
If you find yourself in these situations, get an evaluation of the situation by the experienced team of Syracuse labor law attorneys at Levine & Blit.
Fight against Unfair Labor Practices
New York State and federal labor laws prohibit employers and unions from treating you unfairly.
Your employer should allow you to join or form a union without any repercussions. Your union should put the needs of its members ahead of the gains of its leaders. Some labor law violations you may encounter include:
- Employer interference with union formation
- Coercion by employer against you from engaging in union activities
- Employment discrimination for joining a union
- Employer refusing to bargain with a legal union employee representative
- Union leaders refusing to bargain with your employer
- Unions requiring excessive dues
- Unions restraining you from exercising your rights
Get Fair Representation in Labor Disputes
When it comes to labor-management disputes you need to be represented by someone who is concerned with your best interests. Our skilled Syracuse attorneys can help you navigate issues related to:
- Collective bargaining
- Labor arbitration and disputes
- Employment legislation and regulation
- Unfair labor practices
- Union relations
- Wage and hour laws
- Other labor-related issues
If you believe your rights have been violated by your employer or union, call Levine & Blit, PLLC at 315-366-8055for a case evaluation by one of our Syracuse labor law attorneys. Contact us today.