An Award-Winning New York City Employment Lawyer
Matthew Blit is a highly regarded employment lawyer that is known nationwide for his efforts against workplace discrimination. He is a proven trial lawyer that has secured multi-million dollar verdicts and multi-million dollar settlements.
Awards & Recognition
His success has been recognized by Super Lawyers and is featured in a video on the Super Lawyers website. Additionally, Matthew has been recognized by various legal organizations including but not limited to The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum for the verdict he secured in Bartley v. The City of New York*; Top 40 Under 40 Labor & Employment Lawyers in the State of New York by the American Society of Legal Advocates*; and recognized by The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers*.
The New York Post has labeled Matthew as a “high powered attorney;” he was profiled by the New York Daily News, and he is often quoted by Forbes and various other magazines on employment law issues.
Regardless of the situation, Mr. Blit is dedicated to helping employees that were wrongfully terminated fight back and get the justice they deserve. Whether it is helping you keep your present job, negotiating a severance agreement, or taking your case to trial, Mr. Blit is the only attorney you want on your side.
Areas of Practice
Focused on his strengths, Mr. Blit works primarily with cases involving:
- St. John’s University, B.A (1997)
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D. (2000)
Admitted to Practice
- State Court of New York
- State Court of Pennsylvania
- US District Court – Southern District of New York
- US District Court – Eastern District of New York
- US District Court – Western District of New York
- US District Court – Northern District of New York
- United States District Court of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit