Very few of us can boast about having their “dream job.” Most people work at a job that is good enough for the moment or, perhaps one that they downright despise.
Unfortunately, if you are in these situations, it can be very easy to become stagnant. Time will idly pass by as days turn into months and then into years. During this time, it is not unusual to wonder if you made an impact on the world through your line of work. But that is, of course, considering you are currently employed. For those who are unemployed, putting your career on the right path is even more important. The effects of the recession are still being felt by many, as gaps in employment history make it that much harder to find a job.
If you or someone you know has lost his or her job and is seeking work, contact a skilled unemployment attorney in NYC to learn about your rights under the law.
Tips for Job Seekers
While signs are showing that the economy is gradually improving, it is important that you are affably taking the steps to land a job you are passionate about, as the likelihood the opportunity will simply present itself to you is slim. Below are five tips for networking your way to your next dream job.
- Nail Down Your Elevator Speech – you never know where an employment propsect may arise, so be prepared to introduce yourself in 30 seconds in a way that is both memorable and referable. Not only will you stand out from the crowd, but you will also be one step closer to your dream job.
- Connect with Others Who Have the Dream – Having an acquaintance in the field you want to work in will help you understand whether or not the job is right for you. You can also ask for insider information, and help on building relationships in the industry.
- Stay Eternally Positive – framing your thought process will set the tone for your life, both professionally and personally. Replace “don’t” and “can’t” with “how” and look at each difficulty as a solvable issue you can boast about once it is overcome.
- Make it a Routine – Beginning with baby steps is the way to eventually get the results you want. Examples include reading books about your dream profession, reaching out to others in the field, setting daily quiet time for reflection, or writing down goals and steps on how to reach them.
- Get Some Help – taking the necessary steps is one thing, however, it is also important to seek out a mentor or take some courses for self-improvement to expand your knowledge about the career you want to pursue.
Unemployment Attorney NYC
Make the decision to establish your own future and determine the best career path for you. If you or someone you know is seeking to change careers, or is having difficulty finding work, contact an experienced unemployment attorney in NYC. Call the legal professionals at Levine & Blit, PLLC at (646) 461-6838 today for your free telephone evaluation.