Know your New York employment rights. If you feel you have been wrongfully terminated or have faced discrimination in the workplace, contact a New York employment lawyer today.
New York’s at-will employment laws do not give an employer the right to step on your rights or to discriminate against you. It is important that you know that even in an at-will state, you are protected.
At Levine & Blit, PLLC, our employment attorneys know the ins and outs of New York employment law. Call 212-967-3000 to schedule a free phone consultation.
Fight Discrimination and Hostile Work Environments
You should be comfortable in your workplace. The New York employment lawyers at Levine & Blit, PLLC can assist you with numerous employment and labor issues, including:
- Hostile work environments
- Affirmative action issues
- Sexual harassment
- Employment discrimination
- Whistleblower litigation
- Severance agreements
Don’t Get Taken by a Severance Package
Layoffs and outsourcing are very real threats in today’s economic times. When you lose your job, you may be grateful for a severance package – after all, they aren’t required by law.
However, before you sign that severance agreement, be sure to talk to a lawyer experienced in labor law. In most cases, severance agreements are written to benefit the company, not you.
Hidden clauses could prohibit you from getting another job in your industry or may restrict your right to sue for wrongful termination.
Contact the Manhattan law office of Levine & Blit, PLLC for more information.
Expert Legal Support to Level the Playing Field
Businesses and corporations have the funds to hire powerful lawyers to represent them in employment-related battles. You may feel bullied into accepting a lesser settlement or just walking away.
Don’t be intimidated. Our labor law attorneys have extensive experience representing employees and fighting the tactics of these high-priced lawyers. You deserve the same caliber of legal representation and we will make sure you get it. We also guarantee that you will always be informed about the progress of your case through regular updates from your attorney.
Contact Levine & Blit today to schedule a free, no-obligation evaluation.
Vast Experience in Various Areas of NY Employment Law
Not all labor lawsuits and employer grievances are the same. Whatever employment issue you have, the successful attorneys at Levine & Blit can help.
Our lawyers can represent you in cases involving:
- Workplace discrimination, including affirmative action issues
- Sexual harassment or discrimination
- Employment harassment
- Sexual orientation discrimination or harassment
- National origin discrimination or harassment
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Employee benefits
- Whistleblower litigation
- Wrongful termination, including retaliatory discharge or other retaliation
- Employment contracts and non-compete agreements
- Executive compensation
- Separation agreements and severance packages
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
- Federal Employer’s Liability Act (FELA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act ad OSHA requirements
- Special laws governing municipal employment
Hire the Right New York Employment Lawyer for You
If you have issues relating to New York employment laws or if you have other employment problems, contact the lawyers at Manhattan’s Levine & Blit, PLLC. Call 212-967-3000 to schedule a free phone consultation.